IASPD 4 - “Social protection systems in Latin America and the Caribbean: the challenge of inclusion”
What are the challenges to a comprehensive social protection in the Americas?
Join us for a virtual discussion about social protection systems in Latin America and the Caribbean on Friday, May 17th at 10:30 AM (Washington DC time.) This webinar is organized by the Organization of American States (OAS) through the Inter-American Social Protection Network (IASPN) and ECLAC’s Social Development Division. Please note that this webinar will be conducted in Spanish only.
During this webinar experts will discuss the progress made on social protection in the region and the challenges to achieve comprehensive social protection systems, and introduce ECLAC’s most recent work on the subject, including several country case studies.
In this webinar, you will have the opportunity to share your views and concerns about,
- The relationship between social protection and social policy
- The most remarkable examples of social protection with a rights-based approach in the region
- Strategies to achieve better coordination between non-contributory (“social welfare”) and contributory (“social security”) social protection
- Good practices geared towards reducing management and administrative hurdles within the social protection institutional apparatus
- PANELISTS: Simone Cecchini, Social Affairs Officer, Social Development Division, ECLAC; Rodrigo Martínez, Social Affairs Officer, Social Development Division, ECLAC
- COMENTARIST: Fabian Repetto, Director, Social Protection Program, CIPPEC/Operative Partner of EUROsociAL II Program
- MODERATOR: Alexandra Barrantes, IASPN Coordinator, Department of Social Development and Employment, OAS
More information about this webinar is available on the Spanish event page at the IASPN Knowledge Portal