IASPD 6 - "Brasil sem Miseria Plan and the Recent Changes in Bolsa Familia"
The Inter-American Social Protection Dialogues are a monthly series of webinars and virtual discussions sponsored by the Inter-American Social Protection Network. The series aims to promote the exchange of ideas and solutions on social protection in the Americas.
Since the creation of the Brasil Sem Miseria Plan, in June 2011, the benefit structure of Bolsa Familia has undergone modifications. In this webinar we will explain these changes, and analyze them in terms of its potential contribution to overcoming extreme poverty.
Some of the guiding questions for this webinar are:
1. What is the Brasil Sem Miseria Plan, and how does Bolsa Familia fit in it?
2. What were the main changes in the benefit structure of Bolsa Familia before and after Brasil sem Miseria?
3. Are there differences in the trends of the values of the various components of the benefit structure?
4. How Bolsa Familia relates to the other axes of intervention of the Brasil Sem Miseria Plan?
• Panelist: Rafael Osorio, Director of Social Policies and Studies, Institute for Applied Economic Research (IPEA)
• Commentator: Fabio Veras Soares, Research Coordinator, International Policy Center for Inclusive Growth (IPC-IG)
• Moderator: Alexandra Barrantes, Coordinator of the Inter-American Social Protection Network (IASPN), Organization of American States (OAS)