Sometimes content on a landing page within the site will need to be updated with current information. The English and Spanish versions of the page are saved in a translation set. It is important to maintain the English and Spanish translations so that the content remains current and consistent when switching from one language to another.
The user will be able to edit the text displayed on a site landing page and then edit the Spanish-translated page.
It is assumed that you are a content administrator.
To Edit Text:
- Navigate to the landing page that you would like to edit.
- Click on the Edit tab.
- IMPORTANT!: DO NOT change the title of the page as it can cause problems with functionality of the site.
- Scroll down and edit the Short Description and/or Body text.
- USER TIP: For consistency, it helps to type your content into the text editor or paste text from Wordpad or a different plain text editor to remove unwanted formatting. You can then add formating features using the buttons on the text editor.
- For more advanced formatting options such as numbered or bulleted lists, please choose Full HTML in the Text Format drop-down list.
- You should not need to make any other changes.
- Scroll down and click Save.
To Edit a Translation of the Landing Page:
- After saving in English, go back to the landing page.
- Click on the Translate tab.
- On the Spanish language line, click Edit.
- You may now edit as described above.
- Remember to click Save (Guardar) when you are done editing.