Call for Expressions of Interest
Innovations for Poverty Action | Financial Inclusion Program
Financial Services for the Poor Initiative
The Financial Inclusion Program at Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) would like to remind you that the deadline to submit Expressions of Interest (EOI) to conduct rigorous research on financial product innovations for low-income households in developing countries is in two weeks. Applications will be accepted until midnight on Friday, 29 April 2016 (EDT).
This call for Expressions of Interest (EOIs) marks the second competitive funding round of a four-year, $4.1 million investment in project funding to support randomized evaluations in the following areas:
- Designing financial and non-financial services linked to digital finance channels, including payments for health and education services
- Increasing women’s use of (and empowerment through) digital financial services
- Testing cash transfers and graduations programs which connect people to digital channels
- Addressing the specific needs and cash-flow challenges of farmers and micro-entrepreneurs
- Improving take-up and usage of formal financial services by the poor through product design, regulation, or other policy levers
- Incorporating behavioral insights into financial product design
Expressions of Interest shall present a rigorous study design for a randomized evaluation with a clear hypothesis. Funding requests up to $300,000 will be accepted under this call. Please review the guidelines for more information about this opportunity and to connect with IPA.
Deadline for Submission: 29 April 2016 (11:59 pm EDT)
Download the guidelines and application form here:
Please direct all questions to email@example.com.